Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Runday

First off, congrats to all the Chicago Marathon runners!  I watched the first 15 minutes of the race on tv and I got goosebumps just thinking about being there!

I had my own rage run/ pity party of one this weekend.  I attempted to fill my Chicago Marathon void with lots of running.

I think it helped.

Saturday's run was meant to be a medium distance shake-out run.  I was aiming for about 10 miles.  I got to my 5 mile turn around, and decided to keep going.  The shake-out pace turned into a tempo pace. 

13.1 miles
1:48:29
8:17/mile


 When in doubt, run it out. 




And run hard.

This shirt didn't hurt either.



This run was without fuel and only on 2 cups of coffee.  This seemed like the appropriate sized smoothie when I got home.



Welcome back Sunday Runday!





I had a mile goal for today's run, but after running a quick solo half marathon yesterday, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I left the house with a positive attitude.  I somehow managed to convince myself that 18 miles isn't that far.  Whatever you say brain.

The first 6 miles were relatively easy.  I took my first Shotbloks at mile 5 and stopped for water at mile 4 and mile 6.

The second set of 6 were tough.  My hamstrings were starting to feel the mileage.  I took my Shotblocks at mile 10 and tried to settle into my pace.

The last 6 miles went by the fastest.  I made my last water stop at my 12 and took my last Shotbloks at mile 15.

18 miles
2:35:06
8:37/mile



How were your runs this weekend?

Who ran Chicago? Tell me all about it!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment