Monday, September 21, 2015

Motivation Monday and the Weekly Rundown

Monday:
After the gym class studios being closed for maintenance and Labor Day, I was back at spin.  This one was a tough 45 minute class and I was spin sore for a couple of days.  I also did my favorite back workout prior to spin class.  I am noticing a huge difference in my posture and overall fatigue not only while running but also when I'm sitting at work during the day.

Tuesday:
off

Wednesday:
I aimed for about an hour of easy running today.  I wanted to keep my legs loose and relaxed, but to still be able to take a longer effort.  I added in a few strides throughout this run as well.

8 miles
1:10:47
8:51/mile

Thursday:
This was a progression run starting at 9:17/mile and progressively getting faster with 9:00, 8:45, and 8:29/mile.

4 miles
35:33
8:53/mile
Friday:
off

Saturday:
No running, but we did lots of fun things like walk around the farmer's market and sprints with the dogs.  The best way to get rid of some of that puppy energy is by running around and having them chase after you.  Of course, though, it's a sprint for you and me and a jog for them.

Sunday:
The Fox Valley Half Marathon!!! I've already mentally signed up for this race again next year.  After forgetting my timing chip, I was able to get a replacement and I had a great race! It was definitely what I needed after being very disappointed in May.  The race recap will be up (hopefully) tomorrow!  I did pretty good running the tangents and fighting the urge to dive and weave around other runners.  I only had .1 mile extra.

13.2
1:43:06
7:49/mile



More on that coming this week...


Tell me something from your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Great pace at your race!!! I cannot wait to hear about it. Love the little caption at the end witth the baby.
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! The recap will be up tomorrow!

      Delete