Monday, September 7, 2015

Motivation Monday and the Weekly Rundown

Monday:
There was no spin class today because the gym was undergoing maintenance.  I headed out for an easy 5 miles after dinner.  It felt 20 degrees cooler near all the greenery on the trail.
 
 5 miles
42:57
8:33/mile

Tuesday:
Off

Wednesday:
Today focused on strength training! I worked my way through p90x Arm and Shoulder workout while watching Orange is the New Black.  I love the variety of this workout.  I finished two sets of each exercise.

Thursday:
Off

Friday:
After feeling down about missing lots of running time due to the crazy early September heat wave here in Chicago, I dedicated myself to run after dinner on Friday.  From the first step off my front stoop, this run felt good.  My legs were ready to move and it was gorgeous running with the sun setting.  I ran 9 miles on the trails before beating the sunset home. I picked up Peyton for the last mile around our neighborhood and Peyton was ready to run!  My legs might have been near dead but Peyton wasn't having any of it.  That last mile was 6:56.  Yowza.

10 miles
1:21:50
8:11/mile

This run made my week.  After feeling discouraged from not getting in many miles during the week, I was pumped after this run.  Nothing beats the feeling of a good run!


Blurry Peyton was also very happy after running.


 Saturday:
 Off

Sunday:
Sunday Runday



I nailed a time trail for the Fox Valley Half Marathon!  I also forgot to mention this is also my half marathon PR.  A PR from a training run! I can't wait for September 20!

13.1 miles
1:44:26
7:58/mile

 
Happy Motivation Monday!




How was your running this week?

2 comments:

  1. Last mile in the 6s!!!! Wow wow wow! That is a feat right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps having a crazy fast dog to push you!

      Delete