Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Burning Leg Run aka Speedwork

I was not looking forward to my run today.  Ladder intervals were on the agenda and speedwork is not my forte.  Normally I try to do speedwork on the treadmill to help with pacing and ensuring that my pace is, in fact, speedy.


It was a gorgeous day today with the temperature in the high 60s.  I couldn't miss a day like today. I finally upgraded to a tank and running skirt for this run since it was so warm.


8 miles
1:05:26

2 miles easy
1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes @ 5K pace with duration active recoveries
2.28 miles easy (to make it a round 8 miles)


I averaged about 6:45/mile for the interval portion.  By the end my legs were on fire.  Talk about lactic acid burn.

source

During my 2 mile warm up, I felt what seemed like shin splints.  I've had problems lately with my calves being really tight, despite lots of stretching.  My post run stretch included lots of calf stretching, foam rolling, and use of The Stick to help target the tights areas.

Side note:
                        

This has happened to me.  Twice.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment